Sending a Credential
sending a cred
Congratulations on setting up your Disco Data Backpack and receiving your Official Disconaut Credential! What's next? Time to issue your first Credential!
Currently, we support issuing three types of credentials from the Disco App:
- 1.GM (Good morning): This is a friendly gesture similar to a Facebook-style poke.
- 2.Membership: This credential is issued to individuals who are members of your community or organization.
- 3.Attendance: This credential is issued to individuals who have attended a particular event or meeting.
To issue a credential using the Disco App, follow these steps:
- 1.Click the "Send Credential button" button, which is a white arrow button located at the top right corner of the screen next to your profile picture.
- 2.Select the type of Credential you want to issue and click "Continue". For instance, in this example, we'll be issuing a Membership Credential.
- 3.Input the recipient's DID in the provided form. The DID can be found in the URL and is typically in the format "did::3:kjzl6cwe1jw149mq5riadts0nk6glwype5j2cnib0qobc9hju3ufqtmwi75lk96". You can also ask the recipient to send this information to you.
- 4.Give a name to the organization issuing the credential. You can optionally fill out any other relevant fields such as Membership Type, Description, etc.
- 5.Click "Review". This will allow you to preview the credential to be issued. You can expand the data fields by clicking the arrow, and if everything looks good, proceed by clicking "Issue Credential".
- 6.Sign the Metamask request and let the magic happen!
By signing the request with your key-pair via Metamask, you are ensuring that the credential is only coming from you as the authorized issuer.
Receiving a credential is a straightforward process. You need to provide the issuer with either your DID or Ethereum address to receive the credential. Once the credential is issued, you can view it in your Credential Inbox, which is located on the Profile Page.
You have the option to make the credential public or private. If you toggle the eye icon, the credential will either be visible to everyone or only to you. You can change this setting at any time.